Original:
Elena: "So what do you mean you don't remember me?"
Ryder: "I don't exactly remember what happened but i remember writing this letter."
Elena:
"Dear Elena, About a year ago when I left for the army, I was so upset to have to leave my best friend behind. I couldn't stop thinking about you and all of our memories together. One day in combat we were unexpectedly attacked and I got hurt causing severe injuries to my head and brain causing our memories to slowly fade away. I still have enough memories of you to remember how much you mean to me but I know they will soon be gone. I just want you to know I'm sorry. Help me remember. Love, Ryder"
Revision:
Ryder:
"Dear Elena, I wish I could tell you everything is fine but I can't lie to you. I'm being sent home next week. A few weeks ago when we were stationed along the coast, a bullet hit the side of my helmet causing severe head trauma. At first it only seemed to be a concussion until I started noticing gaps in my memory and then realizing... realizing they were slipping away from me. For now I still remember us and our life together but it could be a matter of time before ... before it's all gone. I don't want to forget us. Please. I'm so scared. Help me remember. I'll be home soon. Love, Ryder."
Elena:
"I promise I'll never let you forget."
No comments:
Post a Comment